Location + Hours
- We do not accept cash or checks. Debit and credit cards only please! We are able to contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions from the transportation of money by not accepting cash. Additionally, as a cash free business, we are able to keep our storefront and employees safer, and process your transactions quicker.
- Please allow yourself time to arrive 15 minutes before the start of class in order to ensure a smooth check in and a few moments of calm before starting your practice.
- *Please note that we share an address with the Wicker Park Chamber of Commerce. We are on the ground level and our door is two doors down (south) from them.
- All students are provided with a Jade yoga mat free of charge; mats will be laid out on the floor for you prior to the start of class. If you wish to you use your own mat, simply remove our mat from the floor, and in the same spot, place your own
- Our studio is a toxin free zone. We use stone diffusers and organic essential oils to keep our air fresh, and clean all surfaces, and mats with natural, organic solutions which can be purchased in our retail section.
- While we keep things minimal by not having locker rooms, you can safely store your belongings in our check in area as the door is locked at the start of class. With one bathroom, sometimes a line can form when people are changing in there. Save yourself some time and come ready to practice.
- Help us in our commitment to being a green studio and bring your own bottle to enjoy our cold and hot bottleless water cooler.
- Our studio is a non heated vinyasa so while you'll sweat, you won't be drenched. Some students will find that they need a towel and others will find that they don't. We are able to save 43,800 gallons of water per year by encouraging students to bring their own towel. And while we don't have towel rentals, we do sell them, so you don't have to look far for a Mirepoix approved towel.
- We ask that upon entering the studio your shoes are removed before stepping onto our wood practice area. Yoga is always practiced in bare feet and most people prefer to meditate with socks on!
- What is your late policy? No late students will be admitted into class (not even if it's by one minute!). Our studio is an open space, with the door opening onto a bustling Ashland Avenue. Admitting late students is just too noisy for the students who have arrived on time and are just starting their practice. Our doors lock promptly at the start of class (please no knocking on the door!) and don't open until class has ended. If you find yourself on the outside looking in, you unfortunately will be marked as a no show and the class will be deducted from your account. With that being said, trains delay, meetings go long, and life happens; we consider ourselves pretty understandable beings, so shoot us an email and we can figure something out.
- What is your cancellation policy? You must cancel your class at least 6 hours before the start of class. If a class is cancelled 6 hours before the start of class it will be added back to your account. If a class is cancelled past that change period it will be deducted from your account.
- What should I wear for yoga? Tighter fitting clothes are usually best for yoga!
- What should I wear for meditation? We recommend loose fitting clothing or anything you're comfortable sitting in for 30min, in a seated position on a cushion/floor. Our clients often come straight from work or on a lunch break and find that you can meditate in pretty much anything you're comfortable in!
- Can I sign up for class if I have never done yoga/meditation before? Yes! Absolutely. We don't level our classes because yoga should be accessible for all. Our classes are challenging enough for experienced yogis, but easy to follow for new students. If you listen with your ears and not your eyes, you'll have no problem following along. If you look up to find the instructors words lead you to a different posture than your fellow yogis...embrace it! Yoga is a constant practice and all we can do is work at it.