Serves 7 - Great Meal Prep option as these burgers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen for use within a few weeks.
- 2 C sweet potatoes, mashed (bake whole @ 400 degrees about 45 minutes or until tender, remove from oven and let cool before mashing)
- 1 C cooked quinoa (cook according to package instructions)
- 1 - 13.5oz box of cooked black beans, rinsed + drained
- 3/4 C ground flaxseed
- 1/2 C green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- Sandwich pickles
- Greens of choice
- Ketchup (We love Tessemae's)
- Mustard (We love Sir Kensington's)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash black beans (leave chunky).
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, ground flaxseed, green onion, spices + salt, and olive oil to the bowl and stir to incorporate well. Add in quinoa, stir again to incorporate well.
- Using a 1/2 C measuring cup, start to scoop out the mixture and form the patties.
- Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that has been brushed with minimal oil.
- Bake burgers for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy on a toasted bun with desired toppings.